Search the forum,

Discuss 4 size pattern in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stokie

Hello everyone.
We're about to start laying some slate floor tiles that are made up of 4 sizes in a pack. Each pack contains 2 of 20 x 20, 1 of 20 x 40, 2 of 40 x 40 and 1 of 40 x 60.
We got the tiles from Tile Giant who provided a pattern but it's not random enough as it is effectively a pattern in rows.
What I'm struggling with is how to maintain even spacing - obviously I know about spacers but all the alternative patterns seem to throw out the spacing at some point .

I've seen this pic in tommyzoom's album and it's a pattern that would be ideal - does anyone have a layout plan of this or can you advise about how the spacing works ?

tommyzooom-albums-recent-jobs-picture3826-image128.jpg

Any help appreciated
Thanks in advance

M

milan11

There you go, mate:

opusromanuspattern.gif

And about spacers - lay few tiles on floor with no adhesive and you'll get an idea how big space between the tiles you need

P

peckers

some tiles that come prepacked for a certain pattern will only work in that way, because the grout lines get thrown out, this is the problem i believe your having.
Sorry i cant be of more help, and not the answer you were wanting to here.

S

STINGRAY30

where do you start when using a pattern like this?

am moving into a new house this year and would like to do somthin like that on my kitchen floor!! :thumbsup:

D

doug boardley

it is opus romano, and Ive always found that these joints have to be quite tight:yikes: unless of course, it's always been the same marble/limestone just rebranded

D

diamondtiling

i just googled opus ramano (cos i am boring ) and up popped wickpedia with loads of threads from ........wait for it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,"tilers forums", gets about a bit this site

:hurray:

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
The grout lines on the smaller tile usually needs smaller gaps.:mad2: :mad2:

S

Stokie

Thanks for all the replies and the plan milan11. We'll get cracking and adjust spacing as we go on.

Thank you all very much

Reply to 4 size pattern in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen