Discuss 4 size pattern in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stokie

Hello everyone.
We're about to start laying some slate floor tiles that are made up of 4 sizes in a pack. Each pack contains 2 of 20 x 20, 1 of 20 x 40, 2 of 40 x 40 and 1 of 40 x 60.
We got the tiles from Tile Giant who provided a pattern but it's not random enough as it is effectively a pattern in rows.
What I'm struggling with is how to maintain even spacing - obviously I know about spacers but all the alternative patterns seem to throw out the spacing at some point .

I've seen this pic in tommyzoom's album and it's a pattern that would be ideal - does anyone have a layout plan of this or can you advise about how the spacing works ?

tommyzooom-albums-recent-jobs-picture3826-image128.jpg

Any help appreciated
Thanks in advance

M

milan11

There you go, mate:

opusromanuspattern.gif

And about spacers - lay few tiles on floor with no adhesive and you'll get an idea how big space between the tiles you need

P

peckers

some tiles that come prepacked for a certain pattern will only work in that way, because the grout lines get thrown out, this is the problem i believe your having.
Sorry i cant be of more help, and not the answer you were wanting to here.

S

STINGRAY30

where do you start when using a pattern like this?

am moving into a new house this year and would like to do somthin like that on my kitchen floor!! :thumbsup:

D

doug boardley

it is opus romano, and Ive always found that these joints have to be quite tight:yikes: unless of course, it's always been the same marble/limestone just rebranded

D

diamondtiling

i just googled opus ramano (cos i am boring ) and up popped wickpedia with loads of threads from ........wait for it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,"tilers forums", gets about a bit this site

:hurray:

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
The grout lines on the smaller tile usually needs smaller gaps.:mad2: :mad2:

S

Stokie

Thanks for all the replies and the plan milan11. We'll get cracking and adjust spacing as we go on.

Thank you all very much

Reply to 4 size pattern in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Marley