Discuss 110v Transformer in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

joet

Hi lads, my first post, im a plasterer from kent.

Anyway, looking to get set up for site work so just got a nice new 110v 1800w alfra mixer, now need a transformer for this.

3kva or 5kva? What do you use? Will be running mixer and around 800w of lights. Think the 3kva will be fine but seen a second hand 5kva for same so what do you think?

J

joet

What would be the biggest tool i could run off the 3.3kva? anything under 3300watts?

D

David - Tradetiler

Yes. but you don't want to be running at full capacity more than 15 minutes. As it says on our website "Continuous rating: 1.8KVA"

Diggy

TF
Reaction score
If you can find a socket or get unplugged halfway thru.....

Beat me too it lol.

Went on one the 'big' builders sites a couple of years ago and you had to take your own genny , talk about 19th century , plus the water was 200 yds away.

I stayed a day and a half.

Diggy

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Beat me too it lol.

Went on one the 'big' builders sites a couple of years ago and you had to take your own genny , talk about 19th century , plus the water was 200 yds away.

I stayed a day and a half.

Diggy

As long as that, you do surprise me, I wouldn't have even got my tools out :smilewinkgrin:

T

Time's Ran Out

When I did site work I had to supply all my own tools!
Shovel, batons, wheelbarrow and straight edge!

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

And we had to get them all on the bus John. Mostly when the hand cart was off the road.:lol:

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
And we had to get them all on the bus John. Mostly when the hand cart was off the road.:lol:

I bet you used to live in a shoebox with gravel for carpets when you were a lad Phil :sofahide:

T

A shoebox John? That would have been pure luxury. We had to rent a cupboard that was in a shoebox. Along with 15 other families all with 12 kids each. Happy days.:lol:

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
A shoebox John? That would have been pure luxury. We had to rent a cupboard that was in a shoebox. Along with 15 other families all with 12 kids each. Happy days.:lol:

Getting mixed up Phil, you ate the gravel didn't you? :lol:

T

Nowt wrong with a bit of gravel John, I never knew what porridge was till I was turned 30.:lol:

Reply to 110v Transformer in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks