Search the forum,

Discuss sponge for roof of van again in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

hillhead

I had to sponge the inside roof of my van this morning again!
had froze overnight and thawed this morning so i sponged it to save my tools getting it :dizzy2:. well done Renault:thumbsdown:
anyone else with this?

W

White Room

Yep, the Transit is the same. Did know a guy who put expanded polystyrene on the inner roof of his van, seemed to kill off the moisture so he tells me

M

mikethetile

i run a renault too

got in the back of the van yesterday to avoid the sleety rain and had water dripping off the inside off the roof, ive only noticed this since it the weather has turned cold

P

Prem Tiler

You want to aviod putting any water in the back if poss. it's evaprating and staying on roof.

H

hillhead

does anyone drive a newish VW Transporter???? i wonder do these have same prob?
i looked in back of a 12 year old one 2 weeks ago and it had a roof cloth type cover inside and no wet !!!

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
used damp sponges are generally the cause of moisture on the inside of my van i suppose tying them in rubble bags would stop this?

M

mikethetile

its caused by condensation and would be cured if they fitted a lining in the back

P

peckers

does anyone drive a newish VW Transporter???? i wonder do these have same prob?
i looked in back of a 12 year old one 2 weeks ago and it had a roof cloth type cover inside and no wet !!!
I have a 54 plate transporter and it has a lining on the roof, no condensation what so ever, if only all commercial vehicles had these fitted! i think its only hard board coated with paint but it does the job:hurray:

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Is the back ply lined???

I have a Renault Trafic............ply lined, but obviously not the roof.

Never had a condensation problem.
I think, as mentioned, you may have left damp sponges in your van, and the heat generated when you drive, is warming the back up enough to cause the problem:thumbsup:

Maybe :thumbsup:

Reply to sponge for roof of van again in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.