Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Sheep in wolfs clothing.. in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

E

enduro

When i wasin my early twenties a mate of mine loved his cars..he bought this of an old lady a put a 2.0 litre ford pinto engine into it...this was an extremely fast car 20 years ago. Also it looked pretty standard, so the look on other peoples faces when he left them standing at the traffic lights was awesome...He sold it a few years ago for loads of money!!! :drool5:
Ford Anglia.jpg

E

enduro

My wife is training to be a midwife..and when i was very young a can remember the district nurse/midwife driving around in a morris minor...told my wife i might get her one, just like Gladys Emmanuel on open all hours...

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
mate of mine had a capri with a v8 engine in it, jag back axel lite up like a christmas tree, wide wheels, custom paint realy looked the bizz and went like stink, handled like dead gerbil though.

D

Daz

mate of mine had a capri with a v8 engine in it, jag back axel lite up like a christmas tree, wide wheels, custom paint realy looked the bizz and went like stink, handled like dead gerbil though.

That reminds me of one of my mates old capris.......
It was a mark 1 front end and a mark 2 rear (he did the cut and shut and it was strengthened with 2" boxing underneath). It had a Rover V8 sdi lump with jag rear end. The engine had that many mods that there were 2 gearboxes installed back to back to give something like 12 forward gears (it needed a servo clutch to help with gear changes). It was painted in matt black with a paint brush and retained the brush stroke marks :lol:.

We connected a sprint timing rig and deflated the tyres and it did 0-60 in 4.2 secs, we never found a road long enough to experience the top speed :lol:

Oh, the exhaust was basically a straight pipe with no noise reduction (restriction) too!

Reaction score
i remember a mate of my dads in around '79 had a mini, remodelled the front slightly, different suspension and a v6 lump under the bonnet, it was insane...he also did something with a transit but can't remember what it was, the mini has always stuck in my mind.

F

faithhealer

My uncle had a Ford Anglia, used to take to the seaside in it when we were 'little'. Three adults and five kids, don't how we all fitted in.

A mate has a 'moggy', customised, has a rover engine, fitted sideways to fit in!

D

doug boardley

I had a 2 litre S Capri that got re-modelled, well it looked like it after I'd managed 2 somersaults with it:oops:

S

SandyFloor

I had a 2 litre S Capri that got re-modelled, well it looked like it after I'd managed 2 somersaults with it:oops:

I did that in a Capri too. I was 17 and didn't know to take my foot off the gas when the back end started going, went over a wall, into a field and rolled twice.

W

White Room

When i wasin my early twenties a mate of mine loved his cars..he bought this of an old lady a put a 2.0 litre ford pinto engine into it...this was an extremely fast car 20 years ago. Also it looked pretty standard, so the look on other peoples faces when he left them standing at the traffic lights was awesome...He sold it a few years ago for loads of money!!! :drool5:
View attachment 21465

Remember my old Dad having one of them in the sixtys, not with the super engine though

Reply to Sheep in wolfs clothing.. in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks