Search the forum,

Discuss Need a 760mm tray and door next week in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jonathandrewe@g

Hi All,
I'm new on here so please bear with me if I've put this in the wrong section!
I need a 760mm shower tray, door and shower mixer unit for the week beginning 8th Dec. Firstly where is the best place to get these? And secondly does anyone know if it's better to go with an electric shower off the cold supply or a mixer off hot and cold? The boiler is a gas combi and water pressure is good, but apparently reduces in the existing shower if someone flushes a toilet... I explained that if I fit an electric or a mixer, because they have a combi, the pressure drop will be the same, is this correct?
Also which is a good quality door please, because I fitted one last week (client supplied) which was a rubbish design (The chrome trim below the door sticks to the tray with silicone??) it left me thinking it was sure to have problems...
I'm installing it into a cubicle which will be formed from 3 stud walls and then tiled inside. I was planning on wedi board lining the studs first, but any tips on cheaper alternatives would be very welcome... I see some people stick to moisture resistant PB in these situations, or should I stick to wedi?
Any advice greatly appreciated
Thanks
Jonathan

D

DHTiling

Hi jonathan........personally i think you would be better with an electric shower if this is your only shower....then if the boiler konks..you still have washing facilities....:thumbsup:..

As for tray/screen/shower unit.....then maybe screwfix.....unless our resident wetroom sponsor has a supplier for you...

F

faithhealer

Hi jonathan........personally i think you would be better with an electric shower if this is your only shower....then if the boiler konks..you still have washing facilities....:thumbsup:..

Voice of recent experience eh Dave.

Re-Shower tray, any plumbers merchant will help you out if screwfix can't

J

jonathandrewe@g

Thanks for the quick replies guys, I'll check Screwfix this weekend, also the plumbers merchants next week.
Any preference on make of electric unit? At home we have a Mira which is good but dear. Should I recommend that one or are some of the other makes just as good but cheaper?
Also any comments on the wedi board situation?
Ta
Jonathan

F

faithhealer

The Mira sport is a popular choice, you could get a cheaper one from diy shops for around £60 but you get what you pay for. The Mira will outlive the cheaper ones by a mile.
Currently doing a shower myself using homelux waterproof wall matting, £40 for 5 sq mts but sheets of Hardie backer are about £18 each for a sheet 1.5 x .9 mts. Swings and round a bouts but at least you know you do need to tank it.

J

jonathandrewe@g

Thanks for the replies guys, Looks like a Mira sport and Mira 760 tray........yet to decide on a door...they all seem pretty dear... Why am I thinking about this so much as a job for someone else??
I'll let you know how I get on...

B

BDS

I`ve used coram doors on the last 2 shower jobs there pretty well made and a good price (you get what you pay for) :thumbsup:

J

jonathandrewe@g

Thanks for the input everyone, just an update......... in the end the shower was cancelled from the rest of the list of work! Hey Ho, I'm happy! :party3:
Happy Christmas to one and all!

Reply to Need a 760mm tray and door next week in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen