Search the forum,

Discuss Just getting started... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

matrix

Hello to everyone.

Terrific forum from what I've seen so far - picking up plenty good tips - just need to put them into action now.

I recently finished an excellent course at NETT with Darren and am currently in the process of getting my tools together and buying a van up here in Edinburgh.

I was looking at buying an SDS drill with a crossover to M14 paddle attachment instead of a dedicated mixer. My thinking is that I could also buy a tile chisel and use it for removing old tiles.

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Cheers.

D

DHTiling

hello and welcome to the forums.............your idea's for the mixer will be fine..it would be a multi-purpose tool then..........Try buybrand tools our forums tools sponsor ...they sell some nice drill/mixers on there and the paddles to suit as well...........in-fact there is quite a few tiling tools on there including full tiling kits.........

........ BUYBRAND TOOLS.......

E

eyebeetiling

Hi there and good luck.
I use my makita sds drill with a mixing paddle, dead easy!

Ian

D

Deleted member 1779

Welcome. Your idea sounds reasonable. Tools can be expensive at the start so hopefully you will get the right ones...

R

Reply to Just getting started... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.