Search the forum,

Discuss Jackoboard fixing spacing in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
You can fix both boards with a fixing in the centre of stud. It shown on jackon installation videos.

jacko_paulsmith.jpg

D

DavidJ

Brilliant. I'll go with that pattern from the video. Luckily I'd only wasted one board before realising it wasn't right and I'm exchanging the remaining boards for 20mm.

D

DavidJ

Yes CLS is quite a bit cheaper but for me it would be a lot more labour intensive. It's easier just to get the right boards and not give myself more work to do!

D

DavidJ

Update: I exchanged the boards for 20mm and put them up. They now form a nice sturdy surface.

Unfortunately I spent the last 3 days wonder what the horrible smell was and if I'd somehow damaged the soil pipe. I took some of the boards down and put them in a cupboard. And they've stank out the cupboard!

Ever come across smelly backer boards?

F

Flintstone

Yes they are faulty! There was a thread about it a bit ago if i remember correctly. Something to do with the coating

Reply to Jackoboard fixing spacing in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen