Search the forum,

Discuss insurance quote question in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

doug boardley

I got asked tonight to do an insurance quote. Washing machine in a kitchen has been leaking since January (when it was fitted, so assuming it's been leaking since then). It's only become apparent as some floor tiles have cracked due to substrate (T and G floorboarding overlaid with 9mm ply) soaking up water and expanding. The kitchen had an extension built on to it with a concrete substrate and was tiled throughout. Now comes the tricky bit, electric UFH laid throughout the whole area (15m2) and tiles on brick bond. By tapping the tiles I'm thinking that the water damage has probably affected possibly 3m2 of tiling.
Do I quote for taking the whole lot up, rectifying substrate, installing new UFH throughout, supplying new tiles and addy etc, or just for rectifying the water damaged area (although I'm sure getting matching tiles, repairing UFH etc will be a nightmare!)

D

diamondtiling

All of it Doug, if you want me to send you a similar quotation that was passed by the claim adjuster just let me know.

:thumbsup:

M

mikethetile

I used to do an inspection report for the insurers detailing the extant of damage and a quote for rectifying the damage

T

TT Tiling

hey doug ,mates place renew the lot , insurance will pay and prob this time your get payed the right rate for your work , everyones a winner :thumbsup:

D

doug boardley

what about the price of tiles, do I just put a mid/higher quality tile price in the quote? If I remeber correctly they cost £680 five years ago

Reply to insurance quote question in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen