Discuss I hate that mosaic mesh!! in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
I fixed some mosaic the other day, long, thin strips in a 300x300 mesh cut in to two, and used the sticky mosaic mesh to build it out, two layers. Well, took a long time and I struggled like hell with them and it still showed the joints when I grouted! (I am very picky, the customer probably won't even notice!)
Later I was just watching an American you tube vid where he rolled out a layer of Ditra to the exact width, placed it between two lengths of plaster board and fixed the mosaic to the mat, left it for two days then fit the mat as one tile. the mat was quite flexible and it was obviously spot on. I also saw him do this to fit mosaic to the back of a niche and thought it was the way to go.
Has anybody tried this? I asked at the tiles suppliers but nobody had ever heard of it.

Reply to I hate that mosaic mesh!! in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks