Search the forum,

Discuss hopscotching in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

aggy

TF
Reaction score
Any tips for laying a hopscotch tile pattern? The tiles are 45x45 and 30x30.
Should I mark out some parallel lines 15cm apart?
But if I'm using 5mm spacers then the next tile will start after 45.5 cm and not 45?
It hurts my head, how can people do it with three or four different sized tiles?

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Hi Aggy, are you laying offset/ or other pattern? if the tiles have been made to work hopscotch pattern they should work in OK. Your 45.5 cm will work with a 30.5 cm, you can string some reference lines, the pattern just repeats. Lay some dry, until you are familiar with it. Good luck.:thumbsup:

A

Aston

hi aggy
as phil said, your 45.5 will work in with your 30.5 so dont let that throw you out and just dry lay a few times to get your self into the swing of the pattern. its straight forward really. its one of those things that doing makes more sense than thinking if you get my drift so dry lay to get a bit of practice and then snap a few reference lines to keep you on track.

best of luck
aston tiling

Last edited by a moderator:

aggy

TF
Reaction score
Ok thanks all,
It does make more sense doing it than thinking about it.
It goes down quickly on the screed as well. There's a slight colour difference between the big and smaller tiles but i think it actually adds to it.
We're very happy with it so far and will post some pics when its finished.
Thanks for the replies.

Reply to hopscotching in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen