Search the forum,

Discuss Don't you just love it in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Peter

A few weeks ago I priced approx 55m2 of 1200x600 flooring, fairly high end. Gave a reasonable price and came highly reccomended from the builder doing the rest of the works so thought it was near enough in the bag. Builder said "he might be slightly more expensive but he'll do a good job". Gave the fella the quote and he said "OK, got another tiler coming to look so I'll let you know".

Builder rang me this morning saying the other tiler (who it turned out wasn't actually a tiler) had done the job and made an absolute pigs ear of it. Couldn't help but chuckle when I got off the phone. Looking forward to the customer ringing me asking me to fix it. :lol:

D

DHTiling

I had one the same last year.. big job and under cut by 3 quid a mtr.. it failed within weeks,,:lol:.. oh how i felt so smug.. She hasn't called me though but i heard through stone supplier it failed.

H

hillhead

Penny pinchers everywhere !!
Hey wingn, i tiled a high end bathroom just off the Malone Road a couple of weeks ago !
No tight asses in that area,lol.
I have to go back next week to add more fancy marble.

P

Peter

David Scott job? Usually good jobs on the Malone Road but the only problem is you never get offered a cup of coffee. :lol:

H

hillhead

It was for ADL, Armagh. They can pull the nice ones,lol.
I was offered tea though.
Nice area.

Reply to Don't you just love it in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen