• Thread starter moomarine
  • Start date
  • Replies 11
  • Views 4K
Search the forum,

Discuss Carpel tunnel syndrome in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

M

moomarine

Was chatting about this on another thread and it was suggested to start up a new one about it as I'm sure quite a lot of tilers get this medical condition. Going for my 1st hospital appointment for it today after being told I have it in both hands by the GP.

I will keep you all updated to what happens at each stage. That is if I get past the first appointment and being told to man the hell up and get on with it! :tired:

Please any admin feel free to move this thread somewhere more suitable as I could not find a section for "sick notes".

M

moomarine

Haha praps we should create one for tiling ailments! @Dan :)
Haha could be a good idea! - back pain, knee pain, hand pain, arm pain, leg pain etc etc etc! And I've been doing it no where near as long as most people on here! :laughing: (Not saying I've got all these problems by the way)! Lol

M

moomarine

Thing with carpel tunnel is it's not really pain it's just really annoying as constant pins and needles or dead hands which isn't good when you trying to do things like pick up tile spacers!

McLovin

TF
Reaction score
Good luck buddy. I had the op in my right hand about 2 years ago. Was told I should have it in my left as well but decided against it.

My advice would be to make sure you rest and to do the exercises they give you. If you feel something is wrong then go see a doctor.

Mine was still hurting after a month so booked an appointment. Went to see them and got fobbed off a bit. Was told it takes a while for the pain to go. Turns out I had scar tissue. Right hand has never been the same for me.

Make sure you rest it and don't try to go back to work after a few weeks.

W

WetSaw

I've got 2 friends in the UK who have had the surgery. 1, a chippy, who did as he was told had his physio and rested is perfectly fine now. The other, a guy who has always done heavy manual work ( farm work, fitting Agas, wood stoves etc) had a couple of days off and then was back at it. He has continual problems. So the moral of the story is do as you're told if you go down the surgery route!

M

moomarine

Appointment confirmed that it is carpel tunnel on both sides. I will def be opting for whatever gets rid of it. It doesn't cause any pain it just keeps me up at night with the pins and needles. Like you say I will be resting as long as they tell me too! Just a pain being self employed!

tommyzooom

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I had the op on my right hand about 4 years ago, I had pain in left too, but it settled down on its own.
In the electrical test they do, doc said I was the worst he has ever seen!
The day of the op I was advised not to tell anyone I was going on holiday straight after, but apparently I blurted it out under anesthetic lol.
I went to work the next day, but only to seal a trav floor, then 10 days hols

Reply to Carpel tunnel syndrome in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen