Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.
  • Thread starter Dougs Third Go
  • Start date
  • Replies 12
  • Views 208
  • dan

Discuss **** **** ****, Always Check! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

Dougs Third Go

Doing a kitchen splashie this week, old "redundant" immersion socket in the way ie straddling the plumb line up from worktop edge, customer tells me it's proper dead.....while I was hacking off all the old perished plaster to make good for dot and dabbing plasterboard I got my claw hammer and loosened said socket box free, then tugged it by socket face....almighty blue flash and a bloody big bang. Got sparky round today, apparently if I'd been touching the box when I pulled the socket face I wouldn't be typing this thread now..

D

Dougs Third Go

And just to top the day off, I reversed into a vw golf, blind spot on wing mirrors, rear vièw obstructed by tools...my truck ok (well it would be, L200 tank),,,,,do I pay the guy privately or do I go through insurance?.....£400 excess and loss of full ncd?

O

Old Mod

Would be dependant on cost of repairs I'd imagine,
but that was just rubbing salt!!

J

Just Rizzle

years ago when ripping out an old office block, the wireing was supposed to have been disconnected I cut through some conduit and ended up across the room and half way up the wall. my safety boots:mansshoe: apparently saved me :zap:

W

WetSaw

Working at a friends villa here with the electricity turned off at the main breaker. As I'd turned off the main breaker I didn't bother testing to check it was dead..... Big mistake! Somehow it still had the "temporary" builders supply connected that doesn't go through the meter or fuseboard.
An ingenious Spanish sparky managed to utilise the free supply to run the pool heat pumps and garden lighting.
I always test everything now and test my tester before I turn the power off ( ...yes I know you should anyway, but do you all do it every time?)

bluesky

TF
Arms
Reaction score
1994 - fitting a spur in a loft for an aerial amplifier- i turned off at the main box - told the customer what id done - went back to the loft and sat with my legs hanging through the hatch - went to cut the cable - forgot my cutters so bit through the sheathing and got an almighty shock through my teeth - shins hit the edge of the hatch!!!
went downstairs to find the lady had turned leccy back on so she could make me a cup of tea!!!!

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
image.png

I

Italy

After all these adventures I was wondering:
but differential switch saves lives, do not use? :)

Reply to **** **** ****, Always Check! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks