Discuss A new day and something new to learn about......Cardboard partition of all things? in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

DavieA

TF
Reaction score
Ok so have a basic job of tiling a small bathroom that joiner was ripping out and reboarding but today called me round to say walls are not traditional stud partitions but are cardboard honeycomb wich ive neither tiled onto or heard of.

Im wondering if you guys have come accross it and any tips on best practices re cardboard partitions:yikes:?

Cheers all Davie

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Re: A new day and something new to learn about......Cardboard partition of all things

Hi Davie, this stuff sounds like paramount board to me. Imo not suitable for tiling:thumbsdown:

W

White Room

Re: A new day and something new to learn about......Cardboard partition of all things

The trouble with paramount is any changes can effect both sides of the wall.

DavieA

TF
Reaction score

So would it be better to have walls skimmed if there damaged after removing addy or dot and dab plasterboard arund room so effectivly begin tiling on plasterboard?

D

Dave Ramsden

rip it out and replace with a hardibacker or no more ply board in the wet areas. Is the room half tiler and is there a shower area?

Reply to A new day and something new to learn about......Cardboard partition of all things? in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks