Discuss Levantina TechLam (Large Format Thin Porc) in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

C

Colour Republic

Hi Guys, hope you're all well.

Has anybody used Levantina Techlam Techlam® - Product - Levantina - http://www.levantina.com/en/product/techlam/

Currently converting an old restaurant/nightclub in to a 4 bed house with 5 bathrooms and thinking of using some extra large format porcs/sintered stone in a number of areas.

In the kitchen I was planning on using Neolith for the worktops but the client has now chosen a very nice dining table which is topped with Levantina Techlam and as such i'm thinking I might fabricate the worktops out of the same so it matches... so the next question is if anybody has fabricated tops or cladding out of this stuff? If so how did you go about mitering edges? and bonding to a substrate? Of for that matter, any large format thin sintered stone?

On a similar note, i'm thinking of buying the Sigma Keracut for this job (the 3m version) any feedback on that cutter? (I should do a little forum search I suppose for that)

Cheers guys:thumbsup:

C

Colour Republic

I can vouch for the Kera Cut, excellent tool Rob.

Not he other stuff tho, @impish possibly might be able to help.

Where did you get it from mate? Any deals to be had?

No doubt i'll give tradetiler a call, assume they do it being a sigma dealer

C

Colour Republic

Just seen Rubi and Montolit also have extra large format cutters now, easier to transport as they break down in to sections, but maybe the accuracy suffers because of that? They don't look quite as well produced but are quite a bit cheaper than the Sigma.

Anybody on here done some side by tests?

I

Italy

You're sure those tools work,
With the materials described?
You're talking about sintered products.
Are they the same as thin porcelain?
I only have this doubt,
Otherwise I did not translate well.

C

Colour Republic

The manual cutters will cut 3 and 6mm sintered stone. Normal tile cutters will cut the stuff no problem too. But the 12mm versions have to be wet cut.

Sintered stone is by my understanding very similar to normal porcs except they are manufactured under extreme pressure loads, making it a denser product.

O

Old Mod

I've owned the montolit flashline, didn't get on with it, it slipped on occasion.
Good for occasional use as far as I'm concerned, however, they've since made improvements and there is some kind of clamping system available now I believe.
I'm also assured that the flashline works better at full length because it's heavier and less likely to move.

Rubi Slim will not cut anything above 6mm, the rest will go to 12-15.

That's as I understand it.

The sigma is solid and very well engineered and excellent in its simplicity.

Can't speak for the freecut by Raimondi, but Antonio has one and swears by it.

So it'd be a choice of two for me.

O

Old Mod

I can add that the sigma Kera Lift is also first rate and half the weight of it nearest competitor, and that is a huge advantage.
Full system comes in under 20kgs.
Montolit is 35-40kgs and Raimondi is 60kgs
And the Rubi slim, well it's Rubi. :)

I

Italy

I've owned the montolit flashline, didn't get on with it, it slipped on occasion.
Good for occasional use as far as I'm concerned, however, they've since made improvements and there is some kind of clamping system available now I believe.
I'm also assured that the flashline works better at full length because it's heavier and less likely to move.

Rubi Slim will not cut anything above 6mm, the rest will go to 12-15.

That's as I understand it.

The sigma is solid and very well engineered and excellent in its simplicity.

Can't speak for the freecut by Raimondi, but Antonio has one and swears by it.

So it'd be a choice of two for me.[/QUOTE
I swear nothing.
I do not want responsibility ;)

Reply to Levantina TechLam (Large Format Thin Porc) in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks