Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.
  • Thread starter Time's Ran Out
  • Start date
  • Replies 7
  • Views 3K

Discuss Going to tell you a story in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

Time's Ran Out

I was asked by an Interior design company in Durham to do some splashback tiles on a job in Sunderland!
Well as you may be aware I'am Black & White and along with 52,000 other Geordies are living in the old second division this year.
Back to the story.
I turn up to this job in which is a rather nice 3 tier house and introduce myself. I get into the contract ( white metros under wall units etc.) and while setting out the window wall I notice all these Red & White stripe shirts lying in the mud in the rear garden!
'What's all that about ? I asked the Lady of the house '
Oh ! She replied, it's a bit of a rough area around here and someone broke into the back yard and stole all the clothes pegs!

W

White Room

I thought it was a true story untill you said you tiled a Splashback ...:rolleyes:

stupid.gif

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Same with a lad I know who lives in Essex, he's a Scum (that red team from the wrong side of the hill) supporter and I use the term loosely. He was so disgusted at the appointment of David Moyes that he nailed his season ticket to his gatepost. Went out next morning and some cheeky bar steward had nicked the nail!!!

T

Time's Ran Out

GOING TO TELL YOU A STORY - 2

Newcastle have won 3 in a row and got rid of their so called 'best' players. Rafa only wants passionate players who put the same level of commitment into the team as the fans do.
So despite the embarrassment of having 'Wonka' on the shirts I took my grandson into my mates Mike's - Sports misdirect - shop to buy him his first Black and White shirt ( mine was a no.9 which I had signed by Malcom McDonald when I did his bathroom).
Well as per usual they were having a sale/offer. Buy any shirt and you got the chance of the full strip free if you could guess which of the 20 premier league teams was on the ball from a lucky dip blindfolded selection.
Young Jack put his blindfold on pulled a ball out, played keepy up a few times, bounced it on his head, and finally did the pressure test with his thumbs - Sunderland he shouted !
Amazed the assistant asked him how he knew - it's going down!!!

T

Time's Ran Out

Going to tell you a story - 3
Two Mackems (sunderland folk) were walking down Northumberland Street in Newcastle (leads into one of the biggest shopping malls in Europe). They notice the sign in a shop window - coats £10, suits £5, shirts 2 for £4.
Thinking they could buy cheap, they would buy stock and take them back down to tracksuit town and sell them on their market stall. However their accents would be a give away, but putting on their best Geordie they went in!
Can we have 10 coats, 20 suits and 40 shirts Pet - they asked.
Your from sunderland aren't you?
How did you know.
Because this is a laundrette!

Reply to Going to tell you a story in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks