• Thread starter Andy the tiler
  • Start date
  • Replies 3
  • Views 1K
  • Tags
    usa
Search the forum,

Discuss Getting started in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Andy the tiler

I have just secured my first job for my neighbour.I did my course about 3 months ago and have only just got got my first opportunity to do some real tiling.Its been up and down waiting ,not knowing if anything would happen for me in these tough times we are having,but my expectations have risen slightly with the fact I have got my first job.It might only be for my neighbour but she can tell others about me when I have finished her fantastic new kitchen floor:smilewinkgrin:.Amazingly I also have two other jobs in the pipeline,both for friends and family, and as far as I,ve heard thats the way alot of guys get started:thumbsup:.....So I,ve done the course and waited like a loser then out of the blue a job appears at my back gate. "Thats due to the car magnets I had made and stuck to my car":idea3:. Anyway for others out there just starting or waiting to get that first job or two,Keep the faith.The worst isnt over yet in these hard times but a few lucky breaks could be all you need to get on the road to your tiling future.Also dont give up the day job:smilewinkgrin::lol:

B

brendanbreeze

Good for you mate,

I'm in a similar position. done my course a few months ago then done my brothers place, then nothing.....until this week. I just got back from a weeks holiday to find 2 messages on the phone asking about my tiling (they both got my details from the flyers I'd delivered. I've Been round and measured up and hand delivered the estimates today...so fingers crossed. Then my mate texts saying he has 2 little jobs he needs doing. Then my brother calls and says he's lined me up for a flooring job for a mate of his who was impressed with the job I done at his place. So things a certainly moving in the right direction.

Well done to you again and all the best for the future - Brendan

D

diamondtiling

Good for you Andy, I like your spirit, My first job back in the days when a pint cost 88p was for £25.00 and I was worried about telling her the cost!, That one job went onto her daughter's house and her son's and then some friends, Hang on in matey, we all started somewhere.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Reply to Getting started in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen