Search the forum,

Discuss Sealing a Slc garage floor prior to painting in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Si2111

TF
Reaction score
Need some advice please on sealing Slc.

Not sure if I'm in the right place for this but worth a try.

I have recently Slc a garage floor and want to paint over it as the finish but I'm not sure what to seal it with prior to painting as it has a very porous/dusty finish, any advice would be very appreciated.

Si2111

TF
Reaction score
Not all slc can be used as a wearable finish. Which one did you use?
I used Mapei Ultimate Leveller 1210,my first time using a Slc so wasn't sure what to use so didn't go for the top end stuff did it on a budget so prob wasn't the right stuff to use I'm guessing.

H

hmtiling

I used Mapei Ultimate Leveller 1210,my first time using a Slc so wasn't sure what to use so didn't go for the top end stuff did it on a budget so prob wasn't the right stuff to use I'm guessing.
I don't think that is suitable . Tilemaster external leveller is suitable and reasonably priced . You could prime and put a coat of that on top . unsure about how thick that would need to be but @Glynn will know

Reply to Sealing a Slc garage floor prior to painting in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen