Search the forum,

Discuss Leveling system for un calibrated stone in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com.

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Today I've bin on a travertine bathroom using 600 x 300 which range from about 10mm to 12mm and my go to clips (block level) just can't deal with the difference in thickness so I'm back to the good old days fitting with standard spacers do u know of a system other than MLT which can deal with this job ?

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I can't believe how many people are using various levelling systems almost on a daily basis. Fit them using the skills you've learnt over the years before these systems were available! Don't get me wrong I use them myself now and then, usually on bowed plank tiles but I'll never start pricing them into jobs to use all the time

dynamictiling

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Kyle my 1st natural stone job, at the ripe old age of 17. The tiler insisted I didn't "grade out" the slate??? in some slate there was anywhere between 5-10mm thickness difference. When he laid the floor, it was without a doubt one of the worst attempts at a floor I had even seen!

"steven, I will show you how real tilers lay natural stone tomorrow"

Proper old school! hammer and chisel the following day and it instantly became one of the neatest, tidiest floors I had ever seen. Long story short, you can get away with murder with natural stone. Nearly as forgiving as mosaics.

Natural stone has the same finish right through, the only thing that concerns me is "uncalibrated" mad wild for sizes and even being remotely square! a 3mm joint can easily become a 10mm joint at the end of a tile!"

L

LM

Today I've bin on a travertine bathroom using 600 x 300 which range from about 10mm to 12mm and my go to clips (block level) just can't deal with the difference in thickness so I'm back to the good old days fitting with standard spacers do u know of a system other than MLT which can deal with this job ?
Genisis easy level With the curved base straps. They can handle up to 70mm

Reply to Leveling system for un calibrated stone in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen