Search the forum,

Discuss Gap between trim and wall in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hi,
I have an issue here. My tiler has left a gap between the trim and the wall. No doubt the wall wasn’t true.

I have put some pics of this, but it’s hard to show well. The gap can be up to 6mm in places.

Two questions:
1 is this common practice? I would have thought that walls were generally not totally true. Wouldn’t the tiler correct this with new plasterboard or something?

2 is there anything I can do. Should I try and plaster this? Silicon would be uneven I think?

Attachments

• IMG_0190.jpeg
    254.7 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0189.jpeg
    241.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0188.jpeg
    200.5 KB · Views: 22

Reply to Gap between trim and wall in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for advice on fixing a few problems that a professional left me with. He of course has not responded to...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement