Search the forum,

Discuss Gap between trim and wall in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi,
I have an issue here. My tiler has left a gap between the trim and the wall. No doubt the wall wasn’t true.

I have put some pics of this, but it’s hard to show well. The gap can be up to 6mm in places.

Two questions:
1 is this common practice? I would have thought that walls were generally not totally true. Wouldn’t the tiler correct this with new plasterboard or something?

2 is there anything I can do. Should I try and plaster this? Silicon would be uneven I think?

Attachments

• IMG_0190.jpeg
    254.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0189.jpeg
    241.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0188.jpeg
    200.5 KB · Views: 20

JASON

TF
Reaction score
You could caulk it and paint it. would look fairly straight also did your tiler tile over paint?? But no a tiler isn’t going to fix slabs to straighten a wall. the studs could be off and it’s a lot more work and money to correct.

Reply to Gap between trim and wall in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen