Search the forum,

Discuss Gap between trim and wall in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi,
I have an issue here. My tiler has left a gap between the trim and the wall. No doubt the wall wasn’t true.

I have put some pics of this, but it’s hard to show well. The gap can be up to 6mm in places.

Two questions:
1 is this common practice? I would have thought that walls were generally not totally true. Wouldn’t the tiler correct this with new plasterboard or something?

2 is there anything I can do. Should I try and plaster this? Silicon would be uneven I think?

Attachments

• IMG_0190.jpeg
    254.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0189.jpeg
    241.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0188.jpeg
    200.5 KB · Views: 19

JASON

TF
Reaction score
You could caulk it and paint it. would look fairly straight also did your tiler tile over paint?? But no a tiler isn’t going to fix slabs to straighten a wall. the studs could be off and it’s a lot more work and money to correct.

Reply to Gap between trim and wall in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen