Currently reading:
Festool Dsc-ag125 Tile Cutter

Search the forum,

Discuss Festool Dsc-ag125 Tile Cutter in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com.

gamma38

TF
Bedford
I have a TS55, ATS sells a blade that fits these. I did think about buying one but i went for the Marcrist rail saw instead. The saw is good, powerful. the rail is absolute junk though, it's a Bosch, i'm in the middle of trying to fabricate a base to convert it to fit my Festool rail, then it will be the dogs danglies.

O

Old Mod

I have a TS55, ATS sells a blade that fits these. I did think about buying one but i went for the Marcrist rail saw instead. The saw is good, powerful. the rail is absolute junk though, it's a Bosch, i'm in the middle of trying to fabricate a base to convert it to fit my Festool rail, then it will be the dogs danglies.

I have the Festool and both the ATS blades u mentioned.
Not tried them yet apart from on Porcelthin.
Certainly do not work with that product.
Yet to try them on regular porc's Paul.
A bit frightened of nausing my saw up tbh! Haha

Chalker

TF
Arms
Tadcaster
It's arrived. Not bad, two days.
Has come in a Festool box and a decent blade too. Will be trying it out tomorrow.
image.jpg

Chalker

TF
Arms
Tadcaster
Tried it this morning.
Not that impressed tbh! With the cutting action being in reverse , the dust collection is amazing . Even better if you put a peice of sacrificial plasterboard underneath. There is no depth adjustment so you need to hang over the edge if something. The machine is very well built.
At first I tried it on an off cut of resin worktop using the supplied segmented blade. It was very good on this and normally this is the dustiest thing to cut.
Then tried a ceramic tile. From above the tile chipped out. And from below the tile was the same.
A grade 5 porcelain tile was next, again this chipped out massively when cutting from above and below.
I changed the blade to a continuous run ( Ats). These normally cut very smooth. Again on both the ceramic and porcelain, it chipped out too much, but not as much as the segmented blade.
To sum up. For cutting inside the dust collection is fantastic, but as it rotates anti clockwise it sacrifices the quality of the cut.
I will use this for some of my work, but it's an expensive tool for just a few jobs.

The first pics are cutting from above and below with segmented blade and the last two with continuous rim blade from below.

My advise would be don't bother! image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:

Reply to Festool Dsc-ag125 Tile Cutter in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Article
Beginner Tiling Courses 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 Day Tiling Courses? These are brilliant for a DIY person wishing to do their home. They’re also good as an introduction to the tiling game as a whole...
Replies
Views
Hello, after watching so many instructional videos and planing, I just can't understand how to tile a simple drywall construction in our bathroom. I got some good advice here so I hope you guys...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Hi, long time lurker, first time poster. Over the years I've used the good advice that I've read on this forum but with my current project I am a bit stumped. I am renovating an ensuite, it's...
Replies
Views
  • Suggestion
Post a New Thread for Each Tiling Job Completed. Rather than using the Show us Your Work Thread - which has more than 500,000 views, and thousands of posts to scroll through - we thought it would...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

You're browsing the Tiling Tools category on TilersForums.com. Find the correct trowels to use with which type of tiling. Find advice on lash clips and levelling systems and more.