Search the forum,

Discuss Biscem Adhesive in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

Home Tiler

getting to the stage where i'm shopping around now Dave

must admit i'm using bal grip stuff at the mo find it easy to spread ....but i reckon once i start mixing my own ...i'm bound to start saving quite alot on tub adhesives ...just concerned about the setting times after you mixed your own...knowing my luck and speed the tub will be bleeding solid after fixing 10 tiles....lol

"I hate being a newbie..lol"

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Generally i'd say there's an adhesive for each type of application and you'd always choose the cheapest best option for the job if there was a few options. So you should be using a mix really of dispersion and cement based adhesives for your jobs.

I don't think it's a case of 'i'm new so i'll stick to tubs for the moment'.

Get yourself a bag and get mixing in your garden to have a toy around with it. You can get yourself some topsfix for like £8 is it? (not bought any for years lol).

I've used a fair few types of adhesive overall though and I do find the BAL range the most trusted in the industry but not always the best priced. Mapei is a big big name in Europe it's just BAL have the largest market share in the UK. Mapei is trusted more arond Europ though. I think.

And there's an adhesive company that's part of the Saint Gobain group of companies which is one of if not THE largest privately owned companies in the world. A list of their companies can be fond on their site but i'm fooked if I can find which adhesive company it is.

[DLMURL="http://www.saint-gobain.com/en/html/index.asp"]SAINT-GOBAIN Group corporate website.[/DLMURL]http://www.saint-gobain.com

One would assume that they have much bigger investments in the design of the adhesives than most of the other adhesive companies in the world let alone the UK. So it's one to trust when we can find which company it is.
----
My laptop seems to be missing random keys again lol grrrrr
----
Here - Weber it is -

weber building solutions, building solutions for facades, tiling and construction
Saint-Gobain

Last edited:

Reply to Biscem Adhesive in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a couple of years and the tiling business is going quite well but the book-keeper I was recommended...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log burner on a plaster render on blockwork wall. I’m planning to score and scrape the paint off the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm hoping you can help with some feedback, please My parents are currently having a new bathroom installed, all stripped back to bare walls and floor. The fitter has done/hasn't done...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.