Search the forum,

Discuss Bellota in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com.

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Good evening all.
A supplier I use regularly has recently started stocking Bellota tile cutters after 20 years of supplying Rubi products. The range consists of Pop, Pro and Tech. The machines do look half decent but I'm struggling to come away from Rubi having always used their manual cutters and it is getting time to purchase a new every day cutter. So I was just wondering if anyone out there uses these or has any experience of them. I'd appreciate replys as a comparison to Rubi. I know there is alot of Sigma users amongst us but I'm not one.

U

Unused Account 1

Im same ready for a new porcelain snapper ,thought about changing but just stick to rubi

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
As i understand it the guy who designs the bellotta , used to design the Rubis. Stand to be corrected on that tho'.

Diggy
Yeah that's exactly the story I've been told, thought it was just part of the sales pitch! The Tech looks an excellent piece of kit. Tile Town look to stock them, might message Lee (think he's the rep on here) for an opinion.

Reaction score
From their website they are primarily agricultural machinery suppliers. They may be good engineers and their products look interesting but it says on their website "After two years of R&D with professional tile installers, and with the support of our Californian subsidiary CORONA CLIPPER, we are taking another step forward. We are proud to introduce our new line of manual tile cutters to the North American market."
Two years R&D is not much heritage Unlike Rubi and Sigma- but if you want to save money - maybe as a small size cutter- it could work.

Reply to Bellota in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen