Search the forum,

Discuss Help a begineer with advise on cutting holes in subway tiles in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com.

J

Justintime

Hello all,
I'm part way through a tiling job (floor and wall tiles) and I need to start thinking about how I'm going to cut circular holes through my floor tiles and wall subway tiles for the various pipes and wastes etc.

It present I've not fitted the tiles to the walls/floor that will need the holes.

I'm looking at getting some sort of cutter that can cut around a 45mm hole.
I've seen lots of diamond tipped ones on Ebay etc very cheap, but they don't have an arbour or pilot hole - how on earth can I cut the holes accurately with out onr?

Also, there will be plenty of holes where say the hole for the bath spout (wall hung) will mean cutting two tiles next to each other - how do I go about cutting those out - or will they be with a tile saw of some description?

Many thanks,

Justin.

Oh BTW I've got some hand held electric drills and a Makita SDS drill (mains) I can use

F

Flintstone

Hello Justin, the diamond tipped cutters are the ones you want, you can get them from the likes of eBay, pro tiler tools, ats diamond tools, and other places, the easiest way is to use it to drill a hole in a piece of wood or backerboard first then hold that firmly in place as a guide for drilling your tile. You need to keep them wet with a sponge or spray or whatever you find easiest, luckily metro tiles are very soft. Slow speed cordless drill is perfect, no hammer

Reply to Help a begineer with advise on cutting holes in subway tiles in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

Birthdays

You're browsing the Tiling Tools category on TilersForums.com. Find the correct trowels to use with which type of tiling. Find advice on lash clips and levelling systems and more.