Search the forum,

Discuss Garage Tiling: what prep/adhesive? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

DIYDan

-
UK
I've read multiple threads over the last few weeks and get different or even contradicting advice in each.

I've got a 5x5m integral garage with a 3 year old well finished concrete base. It's not polished smooth, but it's fairly level. I put down SBR to contain the dust 2 years ago.

I want to tile it myself as I'll need to do it bit by bit and I'd just annoy a pro. I've read different stories about prep required, decoupling membranes, adhesives you should use/shouldn't use, but I'm no clearer.

Looking at the floor, I feel like I should be able to go straight to tile with a good quality adhesive. Am I wrong?

I intend to use vitra dotti 8mm tiles. Any general advice on completing the job nicely would be great. It's not the first time I've tiled, but it is the biggest and could get expensive if I mess it up!
[automerge]1593331919[/automerge]
The floor in question

Attachments

• IMG_20200627_131743.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 20

Reply to Garage Tiling: what prep/adhesive? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm planning to tile my kitchen floor with 8mm porcelain floor tiles (660x440mm). My kitchen floor is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I‘ve just finished tiling the majority of my garden path. Base is concrete, and tiles are porcelain. I’ve just got to the end of my bag of Mapei flexible rapid set tile adhesive (powdered)...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays