Search the forum,

Discuss DIY Dilemma: porcelain adhesive in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Hi,

I‘ve just finished tiling the majority of my garden path. Base is concrete, and tiles are porcelain. I’ve just got to the end of my bag of Mapei flexible rapid set tile adhesive (powdered), and went to get more. I’ve now realised I should have got the „plus“ version, which is specifically for porcelain tiles. Do I need to rip up all the tiles and start again? Or is it much of a muchness? I haven’t grouted, but I would obviously rather avoid wasting a day‘s work :-/
Any advice much appreciated!

Reply to DIY Dilemma: porcelain adhesive in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Hi, long time lurker, first time poster. Over the years I've used the good advice that I've read on this forum but with my current project I am a bit stumped. I am renovating an ensuite, it's...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm planning to tile my kitchen floor with 8mm porcelain floor tiles (660x440mm). My kitchen floor is...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays