Currently reading:
Your thoughts please

Discuss Your thoughts please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

SOTON STEVE

20m2 conservatory. concrete floor, very square. needs slc. 400x400 porc tile. + 2.5m2 kitchen splash back 100x200 tiles. 3 double plug sockets to go round.

I've already quoted for labour and materials on this job, just waiting for customer to get back to me. I quoted at around £800. £30/m2 for floor + day rate for kitchen + materials.
I have a feeling I may have gone in too high.

Any thoughts on pricing?

Many thanks

Steve

T

trevortine

20m2 conservatory. concrete floor, very square. needs slc. 400x400 porc tile. + 2.5m2 kitchen splash back 100x200 tiles. 3 double plug sockets to go round.

I've already quoted for labour and materials on this job, just waiting for customer to get back to me. I quoted at around £800. £30/m2 for floor + day rate for kitchen + materials.
I have a feeling I may have gone in too high.

Any thoughts on pricing?

Many thanks

Steve
:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

A

Aston

its gone a bit silly in liverpool at the moment...if its a recommendation then i can get £20 m2 for ceramics etc and obviously more for stone fixing but if its a quote from the local papers then it puts more pressure on the prices..its hard out there in some areas and tradesman are getting a bit worried/desperate and i can totally understand that..
some fellas are charging £12m2 inc mats !!!!!! dont get me wrong, i or you shouldnt work for that but alot are around merseyside so as i said, you are up against it sometimes...

T

trevortine

I understand what your saying. I'm on south coast, most of my work is around that sort of price. what would you be charging up there?
I was always bout the same steve but have had to shave a bit recently to win work, last year was no probs, this year seems different, was regularly getting £35 m2 plus, depending on job. I will only go so far and thats it though! !!

S

Scott

good, glad you guys agree with me. I new I was being sensible with the figs.

Cheers

Sometimes it doenst matter how long you sit and work out a price it just sound too expensive or too cheap. Its nice to have somewhere to just get the reassurance that it is or isnt!

I dont think thats expensive, but then i guess you have to weigh up how long it will take you. Some on here will fly through that in no time at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

trevortine

Sometimes it doenst matter how long you sit and work out a price it just sound too expensive or too cheap. Its nice to have somewhere to just get the reassurance that it is or isnt!

I dont think thats expensive, but then i guess you have to weigh up how long it will take you. Some on here will fly through that in no time at all.
This is how i would do this job,

Day 1 Slc conservatory and tile kitchen

Day 2 Tile conservatory

Day 3 grouting and sealing

Could even be done in two longer shifts depending on how busy you were.

Ken Bruty

TF
Arms
Bedford
Last year my day work rate was based on £200 per day, always busy. Now I have sharpened my pencil a bit, still not winning every job:mad2: Do you guys think £200 per day was extortionate?:oops:

Hi Phil, I used to charge £200 per day to domestic customers and £175 for builders where the jobs were really fiddly, now I've had to drop my day rates to £150 and £120, so I generally stick to my metreage prices of £25/m2 ceramics floors/walls (inc materials) and kitchen tiles (10x10) at £35/m2, 'cos I can earn more money that way, but very rarely I can still command the higher rates for more well off customers. :thumbsup:

R

Rich

Steve
Im in bournemouth and do a lot of work over in soton (dont throw things at me). That price seems fine to me, it is very hard to say without seeing the job but we are very lucky to be working down in this area. As a lot of the guys have said, its a lot worse in the rest of the country. The people in sand banks will still be rich and you have to price each job differently. But as I said its hard to say without looking at the job :thumbsup:

Reply to Your thoughts please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.