Search the forum,

Discuss Your thoughts please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rich

Steve
Im in bournemouth and do a lot of work over in soton (dont throw things at me). That price seems fine to me, it is very hard to say without seeing the job but we are very lucky to be working down in this area. As a lot of the guys have said, its a lot worse in the rest of the country. The people in sand banks will still be rich and you have to price each job differently. But as I said its hard to say without looking at the job :thumbsup:

M

mikethetile

£200 a day is reasonable but difficult, I too have had to restructure my rates but wont drop below £ 140

if I cant get £140 a day for a job its cheaper to stay at home than to spend money going to work

D

doug boardley

when I start back in September, my working day will be from 9am-3pm, on todays rates I can't charge £180 for a "days work" for 6 hours, but I should get £130-40 okay (I hope!!)

S

Scott

That sounds like school hours Doug! I been looking after my lot too and i have to try and get back early for them but lately its just not happening!

D

doug boardley

it will be school hours mate, see the little 'uns off to school, and be back in time to greet them home:thumbsup:

D

doug boardley

Mrs Doug is a full time lecturer (in welding and fabrication) and we alwys said that we'd raise our own kids regardless of the cost, you only get these times once:grin:

S

Scott

My other half is an assistant head teacher. I've really enjoyed the time i have had looking after the boys, lots of men wouldnt do it but i relish a challenge and everyday is different. Being back at work sucks but i need the money but if i can do part time that will suit me.

Reply to Your thoughts please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen