Currently reading:
You dont get many customers like these.

Discuss You dont get many customers like these. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

peckers

On the first day i arrived at 7.30 said hello and started prepping. at 8 i was told breakfast was on the table. there to my amazement was a full english :thumbsup: 10.00 a mug off coffee and toast and marmalade at 1.00 there was dinner on the table salad sandwiches and pasty:thumbsup:
tea and coffee freely flowing all day:hurray:

Came to leave and the customer says 8.00 tommorrow for breakfast, I had to turn them down as there just isnt enough time in the day for all that munchies and i am watching my figure:smilewinkgrin:

But i still got lunch and dinner the rest off the week :hurray:
The only other time i have ever had dinner at a customers house was when there dog got in my van and eat me sandwiches:mad2: but it was a fair swap i got pork chops and mash that day! That customer advised me to keep the door shut not on your nellie i thought, i could have more dinners like that :lol:

S

Scott

Isnt it great when you get looked after? My current job makes all the tea you could drink, just ask Whitebeam!

I have had a couple like that, their attitude was we make you egg and bacon sarnie for elevensies and something for lunch then you dont go off for ages at lunch and our job gets done faster.

On the other side of the coin i hate it when you get customers who wont even put the kettle on. I normaly ask if theres a power cut cos i cant hear the kettle. Or tell them to fill it up before i turn the water off!

P

Perry

On the first day i arrived at 7.30 said hello and started prepping. at 8 i was told breakfast was on the table. there to my amazement was a full english :thumbsup: 10.00 a mug off coffee and toast and marmalade at 1.00 there was dinner on the table salad sandwiches and pasty:thumbsup:

Came to leave and the customer says 8.00 tommorrow for breakfast, I had to turn them down as there just isnt enough time in the day for all that munchies and i am watching my figure:smilewinkgrin:

The only other time i have ever had dinner at a customers house was when t
Hope you wasent on day workhere dog got in my van and eat me sandwiches:mad2: but it was a fair swap i got pork chops and mash that day! That customer advised me to keep the door shut not on your nellie i thought, i could have more dinners like that :lol:

Hope you wasn't on day work :lol::lol:

P

paulyoung666

The only other time i have ever had dinner at a customers house was when there dog got in my van and eat me sandwiches:mad2: but it was a fair swap i got pork chops and mash that day! That customer advised me to keep the door shut not on your nellie i thought, i could have more dinners like that :lol:

is she single :lol: :lol: :lol:

P

Pebbs

I rang my sister up last week, she said to me "I cant stop Im cooking the lunch for the plasterers!" She reckons that if she cooks them breakfast, serves them coffee and tea at 10.30 and then does them lunch they will do a better job.

Last year we did a job at a hotel in Liverpool Street, and had to work weekends, the manager wheeled in the biggest trolley of hot food in at 10.00! Funnily enough the following weekend, the boys were fighting to work there.

A little kindness goes a long way.

Pebbs

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
Only got breakfast cooked for me once, when I helped tile the ‘Fire & Stone’ restaurant in Westfield. It’s a pizzeria but the pizza oven had not yet been turned on. We got a lovely full English buffet. It was a really nice gesture from the owner. Worst time ever was when a customer kept baking lovely cakes & pies for her family. I could smell the lovely smells all day, but I never got offered a crumb.

Reply to You dont get many customers like these. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.