Search the forum,

Discuss XXL tiles - how to cut? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Which tile manufacturer makes the large tiles your customer wants?
The quality, as with all tiles, usually comes down to who made them.

So the 2mm grout joint might be fine with one firm, but not with another.

So I just wondered. Not that I've installed any large tiles myself, I just thought the information would be handy for the others when they read the thread. :)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
@3_fall is pretty good with huge tiles ;)

Apparently your adhesive choice and mixture is important. And perhaps using some kind of levelling system. You need to guarantee 100% coverage still. Which is very hard to do with such a large tile. Apparently doing a sloppier mix is the way to go.

But like I say, don't listen to me. :)

I

Italy

Yes I did! :p
images

O

Old Mod

How porcelain is made and where is porcelain made are three different things haha

The xxl porcelain tiles are perfect copies of real slabs of marble.
They take a slab, and photograph it, they then 3D print the slab on to the porcelain.
Most often, the easiest way to create different designs of the same slab is to move the print along 10% and reprint. That way they get a tile that only repeats every so many tiles, but it all taken from 1 slab.
Help?

Reply to XXL tiles - how to cut? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room but my wife likes the idea of a feature wall tile and then a grey / white tile on the other 3...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement