Currently reading:
who needs a spirit level

Search the forum,

Discuss who needs a spirit level in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
faithy is this the customer whos doing this? was on my mind this subject anyway the amount of customers trying to do prep work etc on jobs is massivley increasing imo,anyone else finding this

Perhaps worth considering doing a pre-start check a week or so before to give time to re-book stuff in if it's a balls up? Maybe just on the jobs you suspect it could go wrong? Anybody do this sort of thing?

F

faithhealer

faithy is this the customer whos doing this? was on my mind this subject anyway the amount of customers trying to do prep work etc on jobs is massivley increasing imo,anyone else finding this
Yeah Jamie. He has been picking my brains about wet wall / tiling /tanking for a while now (he's been doing it a year). He was trying to tell me that he chose his tiles so they fit into the corners exactly. He must expect his walls to be as perfect as his ceiling ha ha At least I talked him out of wet wall

S

SandyFloor

I used to find this often. As you probably know vinyl tiles are usually fitted onto 6mm wbp and in the past some customers might want to supply and fit their own. If it were nails the heads would need to be hammered down and screws would need to be removed and refixed. I now explain the problems I would face and I would need to charge if it's not right and they get cold feet and have me fit it. The irony is I can fix down ply quicker than it takes to go over it all with a punch and hammer.

Reply to who needs a spirit level in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in preparation for tiling. A couple of days after there's a lot of very fine cracks which have appeared, you...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for advice on fixing a few problems that a professional left me with. He of course has not responded to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.