Search the forum,

Discuss What's the best cutting blade? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hey All

I recently had an absolute nightmare cutting 300 x 300 mixed mosaic tiles. They were a mix of glass and metal mosaics. My wet cutter struggled to cut through both materials and when it came to the metal ones they just ripped off the backing.
Anyone know of a blade that would do the job?

Thanks

Joe

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
You may need to pull the metal mosaics off and cut them a different way.

But a good blade should fly through the glass.

Are the mosaics metal-faced? So a bit of metal wrapped over a ceramic?

Reaction score
You may need to pull the metal mosaics off and cut them a different way.

But a good blade should fly through the glass.

Are the mosaics metal-faced? So a bit of metal wrapped over a ceramic?
Hey Dan
That is what I did in the end . Might try a tabletop cutter next time.
What is for sure, I will definitely allow a lot more time next time I have a job with those kind of tiles again.

Reply to What's the best cutting blade? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen