Search the forum,

Discuss What tile supplier do you favor for all around service? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Steveoboy

I recently added tiling to the services that I offer as a general builder. I'm looking to do regular business with one supplier, rather than several different ones. I dropped into N & C Tile style, tile clearing house and Topps tiles today, and had a look around and chat with the assistants. They were all helpful, but I guess Topps tiles seemed to offer the biggest range of stock and had more readily available info on wet room systems, underfloor heating and such things. They also had a bigger range of quality tools. But, I have heard that they are expensive.

So who do you guys prefer to use on a regular basis? Price, advice and quality of stock being the important things.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
They are bigge than most and have better buying power.

CTD are part of the saint Gobain group still aren't they? I get a better discount trade from CTD than Grahams (plumbing supplier also part of the saint gobain group) can get them in for me.
My local topps are ok, we have a CTD here as well so i use both. TCH or tile clearance house is part of topps tiles and i believe they are in the process of closing all the TCH stores.

If you choose CTD that's great but don't tie yourself down to one. Don't under estimate tile suppliers advertising. I prefer CTD but topps is more retail based and as such advertise and promote themselves more to my customers and future customers. So i keep in with them as well ;)

Reply to What tile supplier do you favor for all around service? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for cutting large format porc? Ive been relatively lucky up until recently and been able to cut most of...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in preparation for tiling. A couple of days after there's a lot of very fine cracks which have appeared, you...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.