Search the forum,

Discuss What size trowel to create 5mm adhesive bed for wall tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi

Due to start a DIY tiling job in my kitchen this weekend. Have had worktops fitted and in some places there are 10mm gaps between wall and worktop (where walls are out of square and all over the place). Using 100x200mm metro tiles which are 5mm thick and would like to put down a bed of adhesive that will end up 5mm once tile is pressed on to cover the 10mm gaps in place. What would be the best way of going about tbis/what size trowel would I need to use? Many thanks

Reaction score
Pump with silicone or expanding foam then cut away flush, use an 8mm trowel which will only leave a couple of mm gap which will be gone once youve put a nice bead of silicone round the worktop

Reply to What size trowel to create 5mm adhesive bed for wall tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen