Search the forum,

Discuss What is the correct tile spacing for wall tiling? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

Harry the tiler

i dont use spacers unless the tiles are very heavy Travertine etc, but i tend to have a joint of 3mm on walls, less for stone

S

Smiths

Harry the tiler said:
i dont use spacers unless the tiles are very heavy Travertine etc, but i tend to have a joint of 3mm on walls, less for stone
I agree, I usually do it by eye.;)

M

m3 fitter

eye joints only work with ceramics and porc's, not natural stone, even some spacers get crushed under the weight of say 305 x 305 marble / limestone / travertine....

S

Smiths

m3 fitter said:
eye joints only work with ceramics and porc's, not natural stone, even some spacers get crushed under the weight of say 305 x 305 marble / limestone / travertine....
Excuse me? Stone on a wall is a whole different story, mr. fitter. I understand that, thank you very much.

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
With marble being very pourus, it can draw out the moisture out of the grout, therefore more chance of a wider joint cracking, so by reducing it to 1mm spacers for very porus tiles will reduces the chances of grout cracks It also looks better on marble granit etc

Reply to What is the correct tile spacing for wall tiling? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen