Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss What is the correct tile spacing for wall tiling? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
The correct tile spacing for wall tiling is a minimum of 2mm. The maximum will depend on the tile size tolerance and the tile grout used. The thicker the spacing and the deeper the tile, the more coarse grout you require.

Last edited:
S

Smiths

Admin said:
The correct tile spacing for wall tiling is a minimum of 2mm. The maximum will depend on the tile size tolerance and the tile grout used. The thicker the spacing and the deeper the tile, the more course grout you require.
I always use 2 or 3mm spacing on wall tiles.:)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Some even use cardboard, I suppose providing it's at least 2mm you're still withing standards :D

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Well i've never seen them. Wow. Everyday is a school day :D

M

m3 fitter

1mm is usually for marble or polished limestone, to try and achieve a sheet face look

H

Harry the tiler

i dont use spacers unless the tiles are very heavy Travertine etc, but i tend to have a joint of 3mm on walls, less for stone

S

Smiths

Harry the tiler said:
i dont use spacers unless the tiles are very heavy Travertine etc, but i tend to have a joint of 3mm on walls, less for stone
I agree, I usually do it by eye.;)

M

m3 fitter

eye joints only work with ceramics and porc's, not natural stone, even some spacers get crushed under the weight of say 305 x 305 marble / limestone / travertine....

Reply to What is the correct tile spacing for wall tiling? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks