Search the forum,

Discuss Use of laser level in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

L

lasors

Hello all,

This may be a silly question but, if I use a laser level to give a starting level on a wall, can I just apply adhesive and then position the tile on the level and expect it to stay there on the wall without batten support? Tiles are 400x300 with Keraflex adhesive.

Finding a perfectly straight piece of timber I find to be impossible, and I don't believe my spirit level is accurate enough to tile all the way around a bathroom. I'm therefore considering purchasing a laser if it really will make things that much easier, even if it won't get used that much.

What's the trick here?

Thanks again

L

lasors

For tile battens I go to B&Q, buy a sheet of 18mm MDF (2.4m x 1.2m) and get them to cut it into strips of about 65mm, gives you a nice straight piece of timber to tile off :thumbsup:

I've done this, with 18mm ply. Working a treat so far, did one wall today and it was level all the way up! First time using cementitious adhesive as well. Used mapei P9, quite easy to use and I like the fact it has a long working time, means I can pootle along at my own pace.

Thanks for the tips.

Reply to Use of laser level in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm planning to tile my kitchen floor with 8mm porcelain floor tiles (660x440mm). My kitchen floor is...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement