Search the forum,

Discuss Urgent help; scratches on ceramic tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Ali_hs

-
Reaction score
If any one can kindly help me solving this issue.. I bought this italian 1st choice ceramic Grac Tiles for my house.. After finishing tiling them many scratches appeared on the tiles without heavy duty and at walking Only!!
I would like to know whats the problem and if there is any solution.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20191218_015726.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20191218_015710.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20191217_092356.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 71
O

Old Mod

Whats the difference?

A course grout heavy in aggregates could cause the scratches.
Looking at the images closely, the scratches appear to have been caused by a circular motion, maybe during cleaning, not by walking.

7FBB9DE9-78E1-455F-8CEA-0360BA9D102E.jpeg
3760C011-9668-4122-9EF3-D6DB2D5AB82D.jpeg

D

Dumbo

Was a buffing machine used ?
I thinking along those lines ,, as if I was grouting or buffing by hand the circles wouldn't be so perfect , I'm also thinking is there a fault in the tile that wasn't spotted until after installation where in fact they are marks made in production

Ali_hs

-
Reaction score
Was a buffing machine used ?
No.. No Machines used.. But regarding the
I thinking along those lines ,, as if I was grouting or buffing by hand the circles wouldn't be so perfect , I'm also thinking is there a fault in the tile that wasn't spotted until after installation where in fact they are marks made in production
If its a grouting cause it would be on specific tiles not on all 90 msq area with same shapes and distances.. Its a fault in production.. I was said to have 1st choice italian Grac!!!!
[automerge]1576707181[/automerge]
Looks like it occurred after the tiles were set, it's like the scratch patterns span across multiple tiles.
I might agree hut if scratches occured when tiles were set when grouting some areas should be in good conditions.. Im telling you all 100 msq area eventhough i didnt start living in my home yet 😊

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
It does look like course sandy grout Scratches. Bal super flex by any chance? 🤔
Can you buy Bal in Lebanon 😂
[automerge]1576736463[/automerge]
No.. No Machines used.. But regarding the

If its a grouting cause it would be on specific tiles not on all 90 msq area with same shapes and distances.. Its a fault in production.. I was said to have 1st choice italian Grac!!!!
[automerge]1576707181[/automerge]

I might agree hut if scratches occured when tiles were set when grouting some areas should be in good conditions.. Im telling you all 100 msq area eventhough i didnt start living in my home yet 😊

have you any spare tiles , to check the surface finish. ?

Reply to Urgent help; scratches on ceramic tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen