Search the forum,

Discuss travertine white then gray grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I am interested/reading alot of threads about trav at the moment, so hope you don't mind me asking a quick couple of questions here.

I should be using white adhesive instead of grey to stop any colour bleeding through? Also, does anyone seal before fixing, or would you fix and then seal before grouting & after.

Thanks in advance, for any advice offered.

Just to give a word of warning from my experience with trav. Make sure you use dust bubbles or masking tape to catch the orange/red dust when you drill through to fix stuff to the walls.

Saw a bathroom once which had taken 3 weeks to tile in 600x600's. They also used Jasmine/Ivory grout, but then the plumbers came back to finish and stained some of the grout orange. Keep it clean!!

What kind of porcelain are you using & size's of tile. Sounds unique, would be interesting to see a pic.

N

Nuddy

imo grey grout with trav big no no...ivory,sandstone,or limestone. white addy always

With regards sealing trav before fixing, really depends on time for me, ie if job needs minimum prep like sweep en prime then i would seal after fixing then again after grout dried. If i have quite abit of prep t do like slc or removing tiles etc then i would seal tiles ideally in another room or in garage..then they can be drying whilst doing prep.:thumbsup:

John
www.newlandceramics.co.uk

Reply to travertine white then gray grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Hi, long time lurker, first time poster. Over the years I've used the good advice that I've read on this forum but with my current project I am a bit stumped. I am renovating an ensuite, it's...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, after watching so many instructional videos and planing, I just can't understand how to tile a simple drywall construction in our bathroom. I got some good advice here so I hope you guys...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am a noob trying to tile our shower. Since the old tiles were taken off, some of that wall material has been taken off as well, so everything had to be smoothed. After smoothing with some...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.