Currently reading:
Tiling over under floor heating (Devimat)

Discuss Tiling over under floor heating (Devimat) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

Hello John..

It is advisable to use a 10mm minimum insulation board fixed to the concrete with tile adhesive ( flexible) and then lay out your devi mat on to this.. this will increase the warm up times and no risk of loosing heat into the substrate.

A hot melt glue gun will be handy to stick uneven parts of the mat down as re-lifting it might cause the mat to lose it stick..

You will need a levelling compound suitable for use with UFH systems and ones i recommend are Mapei Fibre plan or Pci hsp34.. both are fibre enhanced and flow very well.

The reasons for using a leveller over the heat mat is to protect it from damage whilst tiling and also it fills all the voids within the mat and lessens the chance of cold spots .. make sure you use flexible adhesive and flexible grout..

If you let us know where you are we could advise where to get that from as well..

You should have full fitting instructions in the devi manual, so make sure you test the mat before and after installation and install the probe as well , as some peeps do forget about the probe.

Any further assistance then the members will be here to help..:thumbsup:

G

Gazzer

No sense in overlaying in plywood, just be sure to use powdered flexible adhesives and flexible grouts. you must also allow the screed to cure properly before tiling, one inch per week, is the drying time. After you have finished tiling, the customer must wait 2 weeks before running the UFH, and it should be increased by 5 degrees per day till max, and the same down to off, this gives the add and grout chance to accustoms to the temerature changes

1mm per day here mate.

Reply to Tiling over under floor heating (Devimat) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.