Currently reading:
Tiling onto ply - another thread......

Discuss Tiling onto ply - another thread...... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Can you not strengthen the floor from underneath, not sure if you are doing a renovation, we had a similar problem a while ago and the customer was having a new kitchen fitted and ceiling directly below, so we got the joiner to put the noggins in from underneath.

As has been said Amtico or Karndean are perfect alternatives

This was floor I did last year. It had a 28mm difference between high and low points in the floor so the customer was happy go with Karndean wood effect rather than a wood plank tile.

IMG_0893.JPG

Last edited:

Reply to Tiling onto ply - another thread...... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The homeowner of the property I'm working on has just come to me and asked if anything can be done about...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for cutting large format porc? Ive been relatively lucky up until recently and been able to cut most of...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few ways to fix tile to bathroom walls. First you need to prepare the walls for tiling. Note that...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this, The property unfortunately flooded throughout. Now although I'm told it's all dry now I'm reluctant...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement