Search the forum,

Discuss Tile Tracker or Wood Batons in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Northeast
image.jpg

This is the type I have, is the rubi similar
Just out of interest, what size timber baton do people use, I've struggled to get decent straight stuff.
Cheers
D

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
View attachment 76013

This is the type I have, is the rubi similar
Just out of interest, what size timber baton do people use, I've struggled to get decent straight stuff.
Cheers
D

They look like the rubi ones.
I used to use 2"x1" timber. Sometimes still do. But generally it's batten stands and a straight edge/level or I've got two lengths (1 &2m long) of 20mm boxed steel

S

Simon benn Leeds

P

p4ulo

I've got Tiletrackers, but then I'm more of a tool junkie than a proper tiler!!
I've got about 6 different lengths, and I carry them around in a ski-bag that I got for peanuts from Ebay. Love the system, really easy to adjust once you get it in roughly the right place, and very flexible.
don't buy new though, hunt ebay for second handers.....(which begs the question, if its that good, why are people selling it???) lol.

Wood batons imo, I go woodyard and get half an 8x4ft sheet of 12mm wpb sliced down into 2inch x 4ft lengths on their flatbed saw...perfectly flat, that usually lasts me about 6months, each to their own system but datum line and staff and batons works for me..
If you;re attaching your batons to brick wall , platsered...do u use screws and rawlplugs? does it ow get tricky to get perfectly level?

O

Old Mod

If you;re attaching your batons to brick wall , platsered...do u use screws and rawlplugs? does it ow get tricky to get perfectly level?

If you're gonna use batons,
Best thing to do Steve is draw you're level line first, then using oboe nails
(Masonry nails) nail you're baton to brick walls.
U'll find it a lot easier than using screws!

Reply to Tile Tracker or Wood Batons in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for advice on fixing a few problems that a professional left me with. He of course has not responded to...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The homeowner of the property I'm working on has just come to me and asked if anything can be done about...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement