Search the forum,

Discuss Tile drilling, hard tile drilling advice in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

W

Waluigi

Red will be marcrist, light blue erbauer, darker blue Mexco.

Anyway, get a grinder, that’s what these bits are designed for. Far quicker than a drill and the bit stays much cooler. Even on the hardest porcelain it’s 1 dip halfway through drilling. They’re all I use.
8A47CA7F-A241-4E81-9A6E-7B14D4477371.jpeg

C

Concrete guy

Appreciate the link @Waluigi

We have to tread to carefully on the forum when discussing our products as we're not a paying sponsor. So if anyone has any questions I can provide advice but can't openly push (or link in open forum to) our own products.

I can give generic advice about types of bits and the guys here have covered most bases already.

The key with this type of drill bit though (whoever's you buy) is not to apply too much pressure. Unlike drilling timber, metal or masonry where you can lean on it to push through, that will just destroy a diamond drill bit. It's the speed and the diamonds that do the work, just let them go through at the pace they want to.

I’ve never used a guide on these bits, just angle the grinder to get it started. Instead of marking a hole with a little circle, I put an actual cross on the wall so you can see where you are

Another good tip is to rotate the bit as you drill.

I have a video of how I drill but can’t upload it.

like this then

Yeah, looks like ceramic but I can assure you it’s Porc. If it was ceramic I’d be using the Bosch blue.

One thing we did touch on the other day, the vacuum brazed can sometimes be rough. You’re not going to get a perfectly flawless hole when using the larger diameter bits, for pipes etc for example.

yea the glass triangle ones

Yeah, looks like ceramic but I can assure you it’s Porc. If it was ceramic I’d be using the Bosch blue.

One thing we did touch on the other day, the vacuum brazed can sometimes be rough. You’re not going to get a perfectly flawless hole when using the larger diameter bits, for pipes etc for example.

any examples on how bad

Reply to Tile drilling, hard tile drilling advice in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays