Search the forum,

Discuss THE Quit Smoking Thread in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

I

Italy

What good reason did he advise you to smoke? Only asking so I can use it for my own excuses later ;)
certainly, he said: antonio does not drink, to a lion's heart, what do you do?
just have to work? smoking !!!, moderately, but smoking.
if you want I can put the name. Search the internet and make an appointment.
ORAZIO VALSECCHI M.D;)

F

Flintstone

I've not read through this thread really but Ile add my thoughts! I was a full time smoker from the age of 15 through to 30, which is 3 years ago, when I stopped. Had a few failed attempts but you have to really really want to. It does come down to will power, if you have any sort of electric *** or nicotine gum etc, your still feeding the habit. I watched a great dvd version of the very successful book, Allen Carr easyway it was called, I highly recommend it to anyone wanting to stop, and no, it's got no gory stuff or preaching!

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
After smoking for over 20 years and being on 20-30 a day towards the end I thought I'd really struggle. However I was determined and after having one of those fake ones for a couple of weeks went cold Turkey. Bizarre but I found it quite easy, 2years 3 months now

H

hmtiling

Have been wanting to quit for a while now and gonna give it another go. It's good to hear a few of you have managed it after being heavy smokers

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
If You really want to quit , then go for.
But you have to be committed to it, i quit using nicotine patches I found they helped a lot with the cravings .
My wife did it with the help of the NHS quit smoking scheme and used champex a tablet you take to help you quit.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
If You really want to quit , then go for.
But you have to be committed to it, i quit using nicotine patches I found they helped a lot with the cravings .
My wife did it with the help of the NHS quit smoking scheme and used champex a tablet you take to help you quit.
Earlier in the thread (a couple of years ago) those tablets are mentioned. Seem to have worked for a few of my mates over the years.

Really nice to hear people managing it, it's encouraging. (He says, sitting in the smoking end of a bar)

O

One Day

I quit. Decided I was going to and set a date to do it.
Family said I was procrastinating and should just stop there and then, but I determined a date when I'd have a week off work - approx 3 months ahead.
Had my last ciggie one night in the garden then tore the rest of the packet up.
Had 3 bad days feeling awful then picked up an espresso habit!
Never smoked since although I still get the odd craving nearly 20 years on...

Reply to THE Quit Smoking Thread in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen