Search the forum,

Discuss THE Quit Smoking Thread in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Just checking to see how every bodies doing, I class myself as a non smoker now, no cravings at all, and have even started getting on at the little lady to give up as well.

badger

TF
Reaction score
Well done.
Im 2 months off them now and going well.
Decided to give up drink for Lent as well so that should see me through Cheltenham week where i've fallen before.
I find thinking of smokers lungs from that website is great when i have a craving.

Best of luck

S

SandyFloor

Week 10 now and doing fine. The weight has stabilised and planning on turning it round soon. Had a few side effects along the way mainly with dehydration. Feeling thirsty a lot and my face is quite dry but I suppose my body is going through a few changes. Wife is having the same symptoms. Another thing is I don't think I need as much sleep. I seem to be fine on an hour less than before. Sense of smell is back with a vengeance.

Reaction score
Well i hope i have beaten it scott. I have however had a persistent dry cough since mid december, so the doc sent me for a chest xray seeing i had smoked for years, and my little brother had died of lung cancer, a few years ago. I got the all clear on the xray, which was a relief, and have to go back to the docs with my cough again.

Well done to all of you that are still off the ****, lets all keep it up.

A

Aston

if anybody is struggling, dont beat yourself up.
tomorrows a new day and a new start.
only beat yourself up, when you've 'given up, on giving up !! ;0)

all the best, keep going!!!!!!! you can do it..

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
A massive epic fail for me. I smoke 20 a day still.
Though now I have to smoke outside - and if I'm lucky when it's raining I get to stick my body in the kitchen, but not my head and hand holding the ciggy. haha

Still on my list of things to do but so are dozens of things that have been on there for years.

S

SandyFloor

I'm still off since the 10th January with no major problems. I've starting going out more often as I can enjoy a pint without craving a smoke now. The best part is that sense of freedom.

C

Colour Republic

Get a 3m length of soil pipe Dan and hang that out the window, that way you should still be able to sit in your favorite chair whilst puffing away. Works a treat:thumbsup:

U

user123

Get a 3m length of soil pipe Dan and hang that out the window, that way you should still be able to sit in your favorite chair whilst puffing away. Works a treat:thumbsup:

:lol: Saad who lives in a small flat shared with his anti-smoking family installed a powerful extractor fan into the kitchen wall, and he used to sit there, puffing away. He'd been very much a chainsmoker since being a teenager I think and got quite grumpy with me for not letting him smoke in my car, but even he managed to give up, just think, Dan, if he can, you can! :thumbsup: He got scared with a bad flu gasping for breath, and scared his family, too, you don't want to be there, Dan... and now he says he feels SO much better, he can't quite believe what a difference it's made!

J

JMW

Stopped smoking back in 1991 tried the Nicorette route with the gum. bloody disgusting stuff so decided i'd try it cold turkey. Havent smoked since, but be warned ther are still days that go by and I think, I could do with a ***.... but have managed to avoid it. Good luck as my wife says there is always third time lucky :p [she would know]

Reply to THE Quit Smoking Thread in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen