Search the forum,

Discuss Thanks for the advice in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DJM

Thanks to all those that offered advice and help for my questions about cleaning and grouting the floor tiles and the flush wall tiles.

Certainly not going to win a Tiling Job of the Month but much better than it was

IMG_4312.JPG IMG_4313.JPG

D

DJM

For the floor tiles I cleaned them with a Karcher using the patio cleaner attachment and then Lithofin Tiler restorer. I removed the old grout with my Fein Multimaster and re-grouted with Ardex Antique Ivory. Once dry I used Lithofin Tile Polish to give them a bit of shine.

For the walls, I leveled off the brick base with a cement screed leaving enough depth for the tiles to lay flat with the plaster. I used Mapei Keraflex S1 adhesive and Mapei Ultracolor Plus White grout.

Having previously used Lithofin cleaning products on our kitchen floor (professionally tiled) I knew they would work and they have.
The Mapei products were really a doddle to use, but glad I searched the web for mixing ratios on the adhesive as Mapei online instructions work better than those on the product.

Whilst I like the results, the Ardex grout I hated working with it -much harder to get right then the Mapei Ultracolor

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Thanks for the advice in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen