Search the forum,

Discuss Stabila FLS 90 floor laser?!? in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
I've used a pls ft90 for several years, excellent piece of kit.

About to order this on your recommendation Marc!
I can't praise my PLS180 highly enough and replaced immediately when it finally started to fail after a decade of abuse. I'm sure I'll wonder how I ever did without it.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
Agreed, I'm seriously considering buying another to go with the one I've got for tricky set outs through multiple rooms, could have nearly paid for it after wasting five hours setting a job out on Friday..

I'm already seriously considering getting 2! Got toolsnet open in another tab right now...

O

Old Mod

Not saying it’s any better you’d have to compare spec
But it’s cheaper from @Pro Tiler Tools

ProNivo PNTL 45 Floor Tiling Laser With 90 & 45° Lines | Buy Bosch Tiling Lasers, Lasers for Tiling, Laser Levels, Rotary Lasers Online from Pro Tiler Tools - http://www.*******************/bosch-tiling-lasers,-lasers-for-tiling,-laser-levels,-rotary-lasers/48727/pronivo-pntl-45-floor-tiling-laser-with-90-45%C2%B0-lines

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
Marc, you know the little floor targets?
I'm guessing they are handy for multi-room set outs - Square off in one room and place the targets, now I'm free to move laser along to ping a line down in to next room and so on - is that right?

O

Old Mod

Marc, you know the little floor targets?
I'm guessing they are handy for multi-room set outs - Square off in one room and place the targets, now I'm free to move laser along to ping a line down in to next room and so on - is that right?
Absolutely Nick, as long as you’ve set your main datum line, you can move it wherever you like mate, long as you keep one line on it.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
Absolutely Nick, as long as you’ve set your main datum line, you can move it wherever you like mate, long as you keep one line on it.

Last question Marc :p
If I'm using the targets accurately I assume I can be pinging off new datum lines even though the main DL is in another room and I've no longer got a line on it because I've shifted the targets as I go (y axis then x axis etc..) Jeez sounds way more complicated when you type it out lol

O

Old Mod

When setting out floors with your lasers so you just work to the laser or mark the floor and put the laser away
Sometimes either or both Andy, haha just depends how I’m feeling or what’s happening.
Sometimes I’ll project the laser over the adhesive if I’m doing something like herringbone, where you need to see your line but also need to have adhesive, or say brickbond :eek: you understand what I mean Andy?

O

Old Mod

Last question Marc :p
If I'm using the targets accurately I assume I can be pinging off new datum lines even though the main DL is in another room and I've no longer got a line on it because I've shifted the targets as I go (y axis then x axis etc..) Jeez sounds way more complicated when you type it out lol
Haha yes Nick, start with one datum, strike it, move along to next opening or wherever you need a perpendicular line. Set laser along your original datum and set your new datum with the new beam. :D

L

LM

Sometimes either or both Andy, haha just depends how I’m feeling or what’s happening.
Sometimes I’ll project the laser over the adhesive if I’m doing something like herringbone, where you need to see your line but also need to have adhesive, or say brickbond :eek: you understand what I mean Andy?
I was just typing more or less the same answer Marc lol.

Reply to Stabila FLS 90 floor laser?!? in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

Birthdays

You're browsing the Tiling Tools category on TilersForums.com. Find the correct trowels to use with which type of tiling. Find advice on lash clips and levelling systems and more.